Did you know that over 1.1 million Australians with disability, aged 15-64 (prime working age), are either working or want to work? This represents approximately 10% of the working population. Many of these people are underemployed or not employed.
Which begs the question: Are you targeting the full talent-pool?
We are delighted that Amy Cato, Executive Women Shortlists and Emma Gee, Inspirational Speaker and stroke survivor, have teamed together to facilitate one of our ATC pre-conference workshops:
Attracting and Recruiting People with Disability, 1:30pm – 4:30pm, Tuesday, 23rd June, Hilton Hotel, Sydney.
The objective of this half day workshop is to assist organisations improve their diversity by developing realistic plans and tactics that will create success. An outline of the workshop components are:
- Emma Gee’s story of how she has overcome serious adversity;
- Examining the benefits of recruiting people with disabilities; Who is doing it well? How?
- What do I need to line up internally for a campaign to work? Do I have internal champions? Do we have a genuine understanding of ‘disability’?
- Creating compelling organisational diversity business drivers;
- Targeted attraction & recruitment strategies; and
- Developing metrics and reporting to measure success.
Don’t forget that if you register before 30th April you can take advantage of our Early Bird rate.
We hope to see you at the workshop.
Leave a Reply