In recruitment we are often time poor being stretched in many different directions.
At the end of the day sometimes you wonder what you have actually achieved; all those important tasks you have on your ‘To Do List’ seem to never get done. Now you do have a ‘To Do List’ right!
Being productive as a Recruitment/HR professional is so important and managing your time to achieve the critical tasks is often harder than it sounds.
An interesting question, do you believe in Time Management?
As David Allen observed, “time management” is a mislabeled problem, which has little chance of being an effective approach.
To be effective, you have to manage your activity during time, and define outcomes and actions required in order to manage what you do.
What Time Management Really Is
Principles and systems that you can use to make conscious decisions about the activities that occupy your time.
Time management requires significant self-management skills to follow a plan.
Have you seen this this equation before?
P = (W / T)
Productivity = (Work / Time)
As Recruitment professional if we can:
- Increase the amount of work you can do in a set amount of time
- Decrease the amount of time it takes to do a given amount of work
- Both 🙂
Then hopefully we can achieve all those critical tasks and have more time to focus on other tasks that often keep getting pushed down the ‘To Do List’.
Here are some tips and tools I use that hopefully can help you with your P = (W/T).
- Pocket – wonderful FREE app you can install on your Browser, Phone and Tablet which allows you to store articles, blogs, Infographics etc… in the cloud which you can read later, download from Apple iTunes or Google Play Store
- 25 Chrome Keyboard Shortcuts for Windows and Mac users
- Use a Mind Map to map out your To Do List
Leave a Reply